Wednesday 15 October 2014

Heya Chicas!


Before I start, I need to confess something. I had oodles of people giving me lots of suggestions on what to blog, how to blog, when to blog..... “ohh you need to do various  researches online on how it’s done: ... “Do you know anything about blogging? Don’t start randomly, do your study first!  I then extremely regretted letting people know about my idea of starting a blog. I don’t have a strategy here; because we don’t have a strategy in life.  I am going to communicate with you all from my heart....

So here I begin a total unplanned conversation... my communication is directly to my beautiful ladies around the world. Do you realize, we are the only populace who can look sexy and sloppy at the same time, sound crazy and intelligent at the same time, and be unreasonable yet irresistible at the same time. Men obviously believe that it’s easy getting away with things, being a woman. You just need to smile and flirt and voila, you can get anything- absolutely anything done for you. While there are some women who know how to get things done this way, it’s the others who are getting penalized for such a misdemeanour. But that’s how the world works; don’t we generalize all men into the category of an army of skanks? Why do we feel that any man who offers to help a woman has a hidden motive behind his sweet exterior? Well  I am a complete feminist and being a woman myself, I am aware about all the issues we face on a daily basis. All I hope is  my blog will help you rethink matters in a different way.

How it started:
A casual chat with my ex-dean,Professor Shashidhar Nanjundiah  who made me believe that a blog needs to be started with thoughts and beautifying it comes eventually. So here is it my friends, a complete raw form of my thoughts about this world and about our small place in this massive world.
I work as a Senior Marketing Executive at a reputed organization in India. And it’s a 2-hour long journey from my place to the work-place. Travelling in a place like Mumbai, is always eventful; because at the end of the day you have seen and heard so much that you are quite bemused about your little knowledge about this great  city and its people. This city has been mine for about 20 years. And at 24, I am still discovering new things about this place every day. Konkana Sen, in the movie “Wake up Sid” describes Mumbai as a city of dreams. She describes how a strange city became hers in just a couple of days because she got to know the city on her own. That is what this city offers, the freedom to be you and the freedom to know yourself- particularly for the women. Mumbai is the safest city in India for women. Yea I admit, there have been goof ups; there have been rapes, thefts, molestations etc. But you don’t pack your bags and leave this city for good do you? You stay and hope for a better tomorrow. All of us do; because it’s only in a place like Mumbai can a woman hope for a better tomorrow.
So anyway, I daily meet different species of women on my way to work. Some are dressed in an organized way, while some look organized while some behave organized. What is fascinating is they all blend beautifully as the ideal female-crowd of Mumbai. Young girls dressed in funky clothes absorbed in a deep conversation about guys, about fashion, about politics (yea they do talk about politics ever since Mr Modi became our Sarkar), about love. Middle-aged train group women discussing each other’s attire with relevance to the particular day, discussing each other’s family matters. I have heard talks ranging from cruel mother-in-laws to obstinate children and tiring jobs to violent husbands. Despite all such incidents, only a woman knows how to get going with life. I don’t know if it’s a “Bumbaiya chokri thingy” or if it’s actually an essence of being a woman. But I am always in awe when I see such kind of women who know how to let bygones be bygones. It’s not only about the attitude of passengers that amaze me, but even the women who sell accessories and apparels on board, have a story that reflects on their face. Some come with their little ones tied in a cloth on their backs; and the women don’t even look 14 years of age. Yet, here they are coaxing the First-class crowd of the Mumbai Local to purchase garlands, cosmetics and earrings from them. They have tragic stories which begin and end in despair but they don’t complain. They enter onboard with the brightest smiles that make our misery look like a drop in the ocean. I have seen young girls of my age complaining about their love, about their job and about their lack of time in indulging in activities that otherwise bring them joy. I have complained more than a 100 times myself.  I have always believed that additional work and having no time to spend with friends bring misery to lives. But after observing these women, I have learnt that how after a certain stage women learn to appreciate the little things in life which brings them pleasure. I have seen my mother, pausing to observe a little child who has just learnt how to walk or a cute little kitten trying to jump over a wall and I look at her and realize, for 25 years her life has just been about her little family, she was so involved in us that she has forgotten how the rain feels like, how the flowers smell and how the birds chirp. The reason us youngsters complain so much is because we believe that our happiness lies on material things like parties, shopping, drinking, dancing, and holidaying whereas some find true happiness in whatever they do because they believe that happiness comes from such little things in life. That’s why Arundhati Roy says, “Be a God of small things.”

That's me signing off; be with you ladies real soon....with new thoughts.. :) have a beauiful day!!

12 comments:

  1. congrats lady !!! nice write to begin with.... i could actually picturise all the scenario you narrated !!! Pls Keep it up !!! all d best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really nice.
    A true insider into a womans life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well said...direct dil se!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good start girl! Good luck yaa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written! Waiting to read more from you.
    Cheers & Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good start. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! vivid picture. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start! Keep the good work going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog didi :)....great observation..and its great u see positivity all around...even in local trains :)..wish to read more ....keep the blogsite alive ..(y)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey good one Nam! Proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont beleive u could write something like this..so much observant...amazingly illustrated.. keep going girl..

    ReplyDelete