Tuesday 28 October 2014

Mother sweet mother of mine.....



I had been struggling the whole week to write something that does not sound balderdash. Honestly, I realized that I was running out of ideas. It’s not like I had shared great ideas in the past. They were just feelings I shared from heart.....but my heart is human, it only feels great things when it wants to, otherwise it’s very stingy on thoughts. So when I shared this with mum, she suggested JOKINGLY, “Make something up, anyway nobody reads your blog until you force them too”; but I realized she made sense, and the astute and sly monster within me decided to write something weedy and get away with it. Trust me, I was totally tempted with this idea as I figuratively put people to gun-point and force them to read my blog. Anyway, the angel in me, (oh I hear sniggers- duh I do have an angel within me) decided whether or not my blog is read by anyone, it’s something I do for me, something that makes me proud. I can’t debase the quality of my thoughts. No sir!

So I thought of observing people in the house today. And since my blog is restricted to  species with an XX Chromsome, I decided to spare my dad. My day begins when my maid enters my abode and deliberately enters my room and switches off the fan because she has to sweep the floor; and that’s the glorious way I wake up in the morning and that’s how the world begins to look beautiful especially when I start sweating within 5 seconds after the fan goes off. So my plan was to observe her the whole half n hour she spends with us today; so when the fan went off at the regular time, I woke up in a jerk and stared at her and I exclaimed with a smile, “Today, I am going to observe you because I think you are interesting”. She got alarmed with shock because I was still smiling. I don’t smile in the morning and even if I do, it’s not a pleasant sight. So, she quickly finished her chores and ran out of the house. There goes my blog idea I thought.

Then my eyes fell on the most beautiful human in my life, my mother; a woman, a daughter, a wife and lastly but not the least, my mother. I always believed that, my mother’s life isn’t interesting because all she has to deal with is our life. But for her, her life as a mother means more to her than anything else. “My life is beautiful my child, because I am blessed with 2 beautiful and smart daughters”, says mum. Ok I exaggerated! What she actually said was, “My life is beautiful because I am a blessed mother of 2 lovely daughters, how can I complain about any misery when all I wanted were 2 daughters to make my life complete.” It’s true, my mom is very fond of girls and she had always wanted 2 daughters and she got us. My sister or I were never problematic as children but our life meant a lot of adjustments to our mother.

I remember when I would ever fall down as a child, she would lift me up dress my wound and give me her magical kiss and say, “you have got the magical kiss, you pain will wane in a jiffy dear.” Her magical kiss did have that power to make all my pain fade away and I was already ready to run in the garden again for the next fall.

As a grownup, once I got diagnosed with Dengue and I had to be admitted in the hospital for a month. My condition was really bad but I know, my mom suffered more than I did. She was in despair because of my pain. I know she didn’t sleep a minute during that time, she kept telling me, “I am by your side mole, you will be better because I just gave you my magic kiss”. Even though as a grownup you realize that such statements from parents are actually fantasy avowals meant for reassurance, hearing that from mom during pain, definitely brings Solace. My Father still calls my sister and me his “Little Girls”, it definitely feels great to hear that because it gives you an awareness that things are very much the same, pure and beautiful.

As a teenager, I would have a lot of things to talk and share with mom. I didn’t care how less important or stupid it sounds, for me she had to hear and express an affirmative response. I would run behind her asking her for her opinion on everything and she would always oblige me. For her, my satisfaction is of colossal importance. But in her case, if she has anything important to discuss with me on phone or in person, she always asks me if I have time to hear her out.

Whether it is college or work she always makes it a point to select my clothes for the day. She would arrange  matching accessories with 4 different options along with it. All I had to do was wear what she selected for me and choose a random accessory along with it. I totally need my mother’s expert opinion on clothes before I purchase any, because if she says no, it’s a blatant no for me as well. There are times when I am upset about something that happened at work or a misunderstanding with friends; when I am home and if my face is not right, my mom understands that something is wrong but she doesn’t push it.
“Amma?”
“Yea?”
“Something is wrong. I had a huge fight with Sid. I said something evil”
“I know mole”.
“You do? Did she call?”
“I know it because I know you. You suffer from verbal diarrhea and you are  worst with people you love. Sid is a good friend and she knows you well too, she knows- you said what you said -because you love her . She will be angry today but she will be better tomorrow and things will turn good again”
“It will?”
“Ofcourse Sweety”
“I know, I trust you Amma”.

For my mother, knowing that her kids are doing well is as important as breath to anyone else. I know that tomorrow, come whatever may she will do anything that it takes to bring us happiness. She has said “No” many times to our silly requests, but over the period of time I have only realized that paying heed to her stern “Nos”, have only brought good to us.

You know what friends? Our mothers have dedicated their whole life for us. Even if tomorrow, we have a separate family of our own, she will never break her thread with us. She will always be around to teach your children how to make your favourite sweet dish, tell them your prank stories, hug them when they are sad and let them know that things will eventually settle down. It is, and always has been about you for her.


Before ending this write-up I asked my mother, “What is it, that you want from life?”.

She said, “I want both my children to sleep peacefully every night and have a better tomorrow every day.”



9 comments:

  1. Last 3 lines said it all.. :) momz r grt. Again a buutiful write up.. Like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post�� I miss my mom now ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother is our gardian angel....nice writing n sweet indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writeup on your mother. I fits to the T my view of her. I always had high regard for her as a human being.

    Wud love to read something about your pops too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this write up! I completely connect to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I acquiesce with the indubitable love given by our mum . Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blog, loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) I know what your mom means to you .... appreciate u penning down your feelings and dedicating it to your mom... :-)

    ReplyDelete